for the host family
You have decided to welcome an au pair as part of your family. Cultural exchange is a great experience for your children, the au pair and yourself. At the same time, you would like to ensure that your au pair is protected in case of emergency. Host family and au pair are securely protected with au pair insurance by CareMed, the low priced and comprehensive au pair insurance protection.
Host family commitments
- As a host family you are obligated to take out health insurance, accident and third party liability insurance for your au pair in most countries. Insurance should start on the first day of travel so that your au pair is also covered during her trip.
- You are also responsible for costs that might occur due to deportation of the au pair to her/his home country. CareMed third party liability insurance for au pairs will cover these costs up to 5.000 Euro
Au pair insurance for visa application
CareMed au pair insurance will be accepted in case that your au pair needs proof of insurance coverage for her/his visa application.
Au pair insurance: policy territory
- Insurance coverage is possible regardless of your au pair’s home country or destination. Your au pair’s travel insurance by CareMed is valid worldwide. This way you don’t take any risks while the au pair is traveling.
- Insurance coverage can be purchased for up to 3 years. Please enroll your au pair for the complete period abroad as extension of insurance needs to be requested and pre-existing conditions will be excluded. In case that your au pair leaves your family earlier than expected, you can simply cancel insurance coverage by writing us an e-mail.
- If the insurance contract is concluded for a minimum period of one year, insurance coverage is also provided in the event of a temporary return to the home country of the au pair (max. 6 weeks).
Au pair insurance: our benefits
- In order to avoid costs on your side you should purchase high quality insurance. CareMed insurance has unlimited coverage for in-patient and out-patient medical treatments as well as medical repatriation to the au pair’s home country.
- Our insurance plan does not include a deductible.
- You can choose between two tailor-made au pair insurance products: Au pair Basic and Au pair Profi. You can find detailed information under our online application.
Au pair insurance: our service
- Especially when dealing with insurance matters it might be difficult for your au pair to understand specifics in a foreign language. CareMed offers a multi-lingual 24-hour assistance for your au pair so that in case of emergency she/he can speak in her/his own language. This service is also available to the host family in case that you have any insurance questions.
- The CareMed team will be happy to assist you with any questions regarding insurance protection for your au pair. CareMed Au Pair Basic and Au Pair Profi are an excellent choice for your au pair, summer au pair or demi-pair.